Duration: 6 weeks
Zooms in on the arch as a work of art, its role in history and in our current time, which clearly shows the many different ways one can look at an artifact or historical monument.
- Why the Arch of Titus Matters
- The Arch of Titus as a Work of Art
- The Arch of Titus in History
- The Arch of Titus from Antiquity to the Modern Era
- The Arch of Titus in the Modern World
- The Arch of Titus: Restoring its Color
- The Menorah: From the Bible to Modern Israel (HUP 2017)
- Smarthistory: Bible Prophecy: The Arch of Titus & the Destruction of the Temple
- Smarthistory: The Arch of Titus
From Wikipedia, Arch of Titus article, honorific arc built by Domitian for his deceased older brother Titus to commemorate his victories. Served as a model for later triumphal arches.
The Roman Senate and People (dedicate this) to the divine Titus Vespasianus Augustus, son of the divine Vespasian.
Arch in Color
Arch of Titus project, Yeshiva University
New York Times, Technology Identifies Lost Color at Roman Forum (June 24, 2012)